- It explains tools and techniques for refactoring data serialized in assets and prefabs in Unity, super useful when performing also data structure code refactoring and need to keep serialized data working.
- We share how GameObjects and Prefabs can be used for data storage, like ScriptableObjects, but with extra features like componentization, hierarchy, prefab variants, and more.
- Explains our first approach to Fog of War when making Iron Marines.
- Explains our second approach to Fog of War for Iron Marines Invasion, now with different heights and blocking objects too.
- Explains how we created in Unity a GameObject system for Iron Marines inspired in Starcraft 2 Editor to make levels logic with events, conditions and actions.
If you want, you can reed more of my previous development blog entries at Gemserk.